AKP names ‘Bango’ of the Milwaukee Bucks: greatest mascot in the world
There are a lot of important aspects to becoming a well-respected mascot in the National Basketball Association. Those aspects include honor, sick dance moves and the willingness to jump off of a 20-foot ladder and complete a back-flip dunk.
The Milwaukee Bucks’ mascot Bango obtains those three traits and more. Everything from crazy halftime stunts to inspiring Brandon Jennings’ shoes, Bango is one of the elite high flyers of the NBA. The evidence is listed below…FEAR THE DEER!
1. In 1982, Bango and the Wisconsin legislature declared the white-tailed deer Wisconsin’s state wildlife animal.
2. Performed a back flip dunk from the top of a 16-foot ladder.
3. He has successfully dodged cars for 44 years…unfortunately one of his family members got caught in the headlights. RIP Chet.
4. Inspired Brandon Jennings shoes.
5. He has offered to take every drug test for Ryan Braun.
6. Won the 2011 NBA mascot leadership award along with mascot stunt of the year and named most awesome mascot by Cartoon Network.
7. In the fall some schools close their doors, northern industries shut down, and businesses downstate adjust work schedules to hang with Bango in the wilderness.
8. Father of the year candidate.
9. Bango cries every time he watches Bambi.
10. Bernie Brewer is not mad, but impressed when Bango eats a whole wheel of cheese.
Runner up: University of Maine’s black bear known as Bananas. (UMaine is the state’s only Division I school)
Dishonorable Mention: Boomer of the Indiana Pacers.
- Named after a phrase created by the ‘Voice of the Bucks’ Eddie Doucette, ‘Bango’ stood for whenever a player connected on a long-range shot.
- One of the earliest sports mascots was for the Chicago Cubs in 1908.
- Posted by: Dan Bayer, Ayo Kdoe Productions